Laser Beams over Vladivostok
Our Russian distributor laserkinetics implemented a spectacular laser installation in the far-east town of Vladivostok.
Four laser systems were installed on four pylons of an inner city bridge of 321 meters height each. The installation was a massive undertaking with considerable logistical effort.
Of course there were very special requirements for these laser systems:
- Green Lasers with 20 Watts of output each are to provide the necessary laser power.
- The laser projectors can be controlled by network only.
- Each laser projector has to be encased in a weather- and water proof outdoor housing with bird defense.
- The whole system has to be able to withstand climatic impacts such as freezing temperatures in winter, intense sunlight, precipitation of all kinds, high winds and thunderstorms.
- Each projector has to be adjusted perfectly on delivery. Subsequent adjustment works in a height of 300 meters are not possible.
This was a huge challenge which we as manufacturer had to master successfully:
- Four BLITZ Basic projectors with two green Coherent laser diodes with 10 Watts each were integrated into special weather proof outdoor housings.
- Each housing was additionally fitted with different devices and control units for network control, lightning protection and temperature monitoring.
- The four projectors are interconnected via Wi-Fi for network operation and are controlled via UMTS through a VPN tunnel.
For remote controlling of the laser projectors via network wireless access points, antennas and VPN routers of the German company LANCOM Systems have been applied → www.lancom-systems.de